No, I won’t pretend like I know anything about football. But, I will say that I’m jealous of everyone that’s heading to Miami this week. Miami is my 2nd favorite city in the U.S. (after Los Angeles, of course) because of its beautiful people, colorful architecture, and sheek party scene. And it also happens to be where I met my boyfriend. Here’s some of my fave places to go in Miami:
1) The Delano – a sexy indoor and outdoor hotel lounge (and if you’re cool enough, you’ll get access into the Florida Room)
2) El Palacio De Los Jugos – I tried some overpriced Cuban restaurants, but the best food happened to be in a street corner food stand! Head here for authentic, CHEAP cuban food, great fruit juices, and cafe con leche near Little Havana! Be sure to practice your Spanish.
3) Sky Bar at the Shore Club – swanky, classy outdoor lounge amidst a gorgeous garden. Rarely has a line, but guaranteed to see beautiful people inside.
4) Lincoln Road – walk down Lincoln during the day to go shopping and have your pick of cute spots to grab lunch while sitting outdoors. Walk down Lincoln at night and experience a lively crowd with hip hop or techno music blaring and the hottest people in South Beach sipping on pre-party cocktails.
5) The Duck Tour (no joke…had to throw it in here!) – my boyfriend makes fun of me all the time for going on this tour, but it’s a fun, cheesy way to be a tourist in South Beach. This interesting bus/duck contraption takes you to the touristy places in South Beach. Then, it turns into a boat to take you through Biscayne Bay to snap pictures of homes owned by the wealthy (Jennifer Lopez, Gloria Estefan, etc) on Star Island. And yes, they make you “quack” like a duck.